Sunday, May 26, 2013

Discovering Cafe Egao

Yesterday, me and my friends suddenly had a spontaneous agreement to visit Family Park in Talamban for a fun photo shoot. After a few hours of posing, clicking the camera and laughter, one of my friends suddenly mentioned about going to Cafe Egao. Since we were all hungry, we all decided to give it a go since it was just a stone's throw away.

I learned from Google that egao is a Japanese word which means "smile". True enough, when we arrived at the place, we all can't help but smile and get excited with the place since it is a Japanese cafe (I like Japanese  stuff) and the place looks so cozy and warm. It is quite small but I like it that way since it gives a more intimate setting. Having too many people there would probably ruin the setting.



When we entered the cafe, we were warmly greeted by the staff and ushered us to a table. Seeing that we were all carrying bags, the owner (I don't know his name, but he was Japanese) then gave us an extra chair where we can place our bags. I felt it was very hospitable of them.

Having been into a few cafes in Cebu, I was amazed at the prices in their menu. Most of their food and sweets are at Php77 only. Pasta? Php77? It was really a good deal. However, their coffee variants are priced at Php100 except for one called "World Coffee" which was at Php150. The prices are still lower though than  those of other famous cafes here in Cebu.


I ordered their Squid Steak and Kakigouri (flavored shaved ice). I had really no idea what they look like or how they taste but they sounded interesting so I tried them. My friends ordered Okonomiyaki (Japanese-style pancake), Italian pasta, Carbonara, and a dessert called anmitsu.

Straberry-flavored kakigouri

Sizzling squid steak

Italian pasta

Okonomiyaki

Anmitsu

Look at all that food at Php77! They were all really delicious that you would want to order all of their food to have a taste. It was also really thoughtful how they served our food. They probably noticed that we took a bite out of each food that's why when our Kakigouri arrived, there were four spoons placed in the saucer! I was amused and impressed at the same time. ;)

While they were preparing our food, I noticed that the owner himself prepared the food with his staff. It was pretty cool, and I also saw that he himself brews the coffee. 

The owner preparing the food behind the counter

I'd highly recommend this place to my friends. I haven't tasted their coffee yet since I'm not a coffee-drinker but I might try once just to see how it really tastes. For sure, I would come back again and again to this place. :)

Facebook page: CAFE EGAO :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment