Sunday, March 2, 2014

Seeing things for the first time again: Part I - Mandaue

As I was struggling with the daily hustle and bustles of life, a sudden realization hit my mind - I needed a break. It was emphasized as the weekend slowly approached me when the challenges seemed to have magnified.

That's it. I should go north and take pictures of things people commonly see but have taken for granted. You see, photography is my release. I'm not yet very good at it, but I'm working on it. :)

Flashes of the church ruins from the Bohol earthquake solidified my decision. I have to capture these places before it's too late.

So then I started my journey, along with my mother (coz she wanted to see the places too), in my home town: Mandaue City.

I decided to start off in the church. There was a wedding when I arrived there. I was apprehensive at first but I gathered all my guts and went inside. I then started taking pics.

National Shrine of St. Joseph
Here's the facade and bell tower of the church:


Flower vendors can be found in the vicinity of the church. I happened to capture this scene while I was there.

Just across the church is the Mandaue Presidencia or the City Hall.

Mandaue Presidencia

Beside the city hall is the Mandaue City Garden. There's a monument, fountain, and a mini-park where people like to frequent during Sundays or evenings.

Mandaue City Garden

Across the road where the city hall is facing, the Mandaue Public Library and Post Office can be found. Beside these landmarks is the Rizal-Bonifacio Memorial where some ceremonies can be held.

Rizal-Bonifacio Memorial

Walking along the road, I passed by the Suico ancestral house. I never thought this was an ancestral house when I was still studying in the school beside this house. I haven't tried going inside it too so I really don't know if there's a museum inside.

Suico Ancestral House

Lastly, I passed by my elementary school, the Mandaue City Central School. It has been ages since I've been there so I just needed to go back for a little retrospect.


My mom and I then had a quick lunch before proceeding to our next destination: Liloan.

No comments:

Post a Comment